Help Needed for Cleaning and Gardening at Retreat Center in France
Pierres Vivantes is a registered French non-profit association in southern France that owns and operates a centre for the care of people in ministry. The centre is located at Entrepierres and welcomes over 300 missionaries, evangelists, church-planters and national Christian leaders and their families every year.
This is a volunteer position suitable for someone with missionary support or retirement income.
- Firm commitment to the Christian faith.
- Strong commitment to serving others, and able to serve within a team structure as well as work on one’s own.
- Willing to be trained and serve under the authority and supervision of the Director, the Building Maintenance Manager, and the Guest Home and Facilities Manager.
- Committed to working to a high standard of excellence: able to clean guest homes to strict standards of quality, detail and care.
- Able and willing to work to a flexible and variable schedule in accordance with the comings and goings of guests at the centre.
- Skills and experience commensurate with the job.
- French helpful but not essential.
Details & requirements:
The person that fills this position will join a team of three couples living on-site and serving the ministry in a variety of ways, each according to his/her gifts and availability. On-site accommodation is provided in the form of a small fully furnished, fully equipped self-catering studio. A local assembly provides opportunities for worship, teaching, activities and fellowship with all ages. Transportation can be provided to church and to the local town, Sisteron, which is 10 minutes away.
Contact: Jonathan & Rachel Ward
DetailsCountry: France Supporting Worker(s): Jonathan & Rachel Ward Duration: Initial 3-month commitment with potential for longer term. Language: English, French Number of People Needed: 1 Team Supervisor: Jonathan & Rachel Ward Travel Arrangements:
You are responsible for your own flight, passport, visa, etc.Specific Requirements:
Cleaning the six missionary guest units that are available to those who come to our center for times of rest and counselling.
Cleaning the two counselling rooms, games room, library, etc.
Helping with grounds maintenance: cutting grass, trimming hedges and trees, raking leaves, pulling weeds and watering plants.
Helping with a variety of interior and exterior small maintenance jobs, such as painting railings, shutters and doors.
All team members are volunteers and are expected to contribute to the cost of living on-site. Although no rent is required, a contribution of 150 euros ($200) per month will help cover expenses.