Missionary Orientation Program (MOP)
Jointly run by MSC and CMML (US).
The Missionary Orientation Program (aka MOP) trains and prepares those who are seriously considering missionary work cross-culturally. Jointly sponsored by MSC Canada and CMML (US), this one week program is designed to help potential mission workers identify the day-to-day concerns of life on the mission field, to better equip an outbound missionary for their initial exposure to a new culture and country. MOP helps to prepare those considering the mission field, or recently commended to missionary service overseas, to be effective once they arrive on the field. Participants are of all ages and the topics presented are practical and include many “hands on” experiences from those who have already served cross-culturally.
- Biblical perspective of missions
- Philosophy and strategy of missions
- Commendation, stewardship and accountability
- Relating to other cultures
- Why missionaries fail
- Interpersonal relationships
- Spiritual warfare
- Language acquisition and aptitude
- Phil & Marilyn Barnes (MSC Canada) – former mission workers in Zimbabwe
- Paul & Carol Bramsen – Mission workers in Senegal
- Joel & Amy Hernandez (Emmaus Bible College) – former mission workers in Mexico
- Phil & Mary Parsons (CMML) – former missionary workers in the Philippines
- Other Mission Workers and Representatives from CMML and MSC will also participate
June 2nd – 9th, 2017.
Greenwood Hills Camp & Conference Center, Fayetteville, PA, USA.
$195 per person, $375 per couple.
Includes workshops, meals, and accommodations.
Candidates must receive approval by their elders to attend MOP. They should send written recommendation to CMML or MSC along with the registration form.
See photos from MOP 2016 here!
You can send the completed registration form with payment to:
101 Amber Street, Unit 16
Markham, Ontario, Canada